Intention is everything. Especially when it comes to crystal gridding, a ritual that involves the intentional placement of crystals to manifest a specific goal or desire. Sound exciting? Intimidating? Or maybe a bit of both? Not to worry. This process is something everyone can benefit from. Crystal grids works by directing energy towards a particular need. That might be love, prosperity, career success, or another area you feel requires extra attention.
If you are ready to manifest your intentions and turn your dreams into reality, keep reading. This guide has all the information you need to start crystal gridding.
Crystal Gridding Guide: What Is a Crystal Grid?
Before you reach for every crystal in your collection, it is important to understand what gridding is all about. Just what is it and what is it actually used for? As you know from the crystal healing beginners guide, crystals are a powerful source of energy. They have the ability to soothe emotions, remove negativity, and so much more. When combined with additional stones, intention, and a geometric pattern…. those crystal energies become amplified.
That makes crystal gridding extremely effective for manifestation work. Since it is able to transform individual crystal energy into a unified energy field, the grid is better able to attract what you want into your life. It holds onto your intention and allows your desires to manifest much faster than if you were to use one stone at a time.
The Importance of a Focused Grid
Crystal gridding is most effective when a grid is focused on one specific purpose or goal. Certain stones, colours, and geometric patterns work in unison – but what you use will depend entirely on what you want to manifest. For instance, green stones like jade and green aventurine are often linked to wealth, luck, and prosperity. Pink stones like rose quartz and rhodochrosite are associated with love. Blue stones like lapis lazuli can work well for gaining insight or wisdom. The list goes on and on! Try to choose stones that relate specifically to your desires. This will make it easier to manifest your intentions.
Everything You Need to Get Started
There are certain items you need to have on hand in order to create a crystal grid that not only looks great but is also able to attract and manifest accordingly. Crystal gridding essentials include:
- Something to place your crystals on, like a blanket, piece of wood, or a cloth. You may also want to use a geometric pattern printable to create specific shapes or patterns for your grid.
- A piece of paper to write down your intentions or goals.
- Sage, Palo Santo, or an energy clearing spray to cleanse the area.
- One larger crystal for the centre of your grid. (This is a focus stone.) Any shape or size will do, but ideally, you want a stone that is larger and more unique. Many people prefer to use a crystal point to direct intentional energy up and out…but the choice is yours!
- Crystals, crystals, and more crystals. For a more structured approach, choose stones that speak to your intention. Alternatively, you can also choose crystals that your intuition is telling you to use.
- Quartz point or a selenite wand to activate the grid.
The last thing you need before you start crystal gridding is a positive mindset. You never want to work on a grid when you are angry, upset, or in a negative frame of mind. Additionally, it is best to avoid this process if your goal is to manifest something that will hurt another person. Make your grid a positive space and pour love into this ritual.
Step-by-Step Guide for Crystal Gridding
- To begin, spend some time thinking about what you want to manifest. Is it love, wealth, or improved health? Once you have determined the main purpose or goal, you can create your grid with that specific intention at the forefront of your mind.
- Take a piece of paper and write down your intention (or intentions). Really focus your energy on the intention as you write. Spend some time thinking about how it would feel if your dream became real in your life. Imagine how you would feel and how your loved ones would benefit. The more time you can spend imagining, feeling, and envisioning, the better.
- Cleanse your space with something like burning sage. Allow the smoke to clear away any negative energies the room may have been holding – and don’t forget to use it on any crystals or objects you may be adding to your grid.
- Place the written intention underneath your grid base (it could be a cloth, board, or a printed out geometric grid pattern) or directly in the centre. Then put your large centre crystal in the middle of the grid.
- State your intention out loud as you begin to place tumbled stones around that centre crystal. Do this in a pattern or place stones intuitively. For a structured approach, use way stones (stones placed in a circle around the focus stone) and desire stones (placed in a circle outside of the way stones). To grid intuitively, listen to your inner wisdom. Anywhere you feel a stone should go is where it should go. Don’t over think it.
- Activate your grid layout with your quartz point or selenite wand by connecting the energies of the stones together. Begin from the outside and work your way in. Visualize each stone being linked together and see your grid becoming more powerful as you continue.
That is all there is to it! Though you can add in essential oils, candles, and other extras, it really comes down to what feels right for you at the time. While there are guidelines you can follow for crystal gridding, remember to always trust your gut. If a specific stone calls to you, use it. If you feel it should be placed somewhere, put it there. Only you know what is best for your grid.
Intentions carry a beautiful kind of energy. Each is loaded with hopes and dreams…and taps into the human desire we all have to live a rewarding and fulfilling life. No wonder crystal gridding is so popular! It is a wonderful way to put active energy behind your intentions.