Coughing, sneezing, sore throat, fatigue and fever. These are all warning signs that cold and flu season is in full swing. Maybe you have come down with something. Or perhaps someone in your home is under the weather. It happens, but it doesn’t have to ruin day-to-day life. There are plenty of ways to feel better fast. In addition to traditional medication, bed rest, and lots of fluids…there are other strategies to consider as well. Two examples? Crystals and essential oils. These effective methods can significantly impact your overall health.
Feel Better With Crystal Healing
It is easier than ever to find crystals for healing. Whether you choose to stop by your local metaphysical store, want to buy crystals online, or find them in a home or decor shop…crystals are more accessible than ever before. This is wonderful news. Especially when you are dealing a cold or the flu. You want to feel better fast. That means making choices that benefit your overall well-being. Crystals, for instance, work with your own personal energy in order to achieve balance and peace. They can help boost mood, increase energy levels, and improve your overall level of wellness.
Crystals to Combat Cold and Flu
Which stones work best when you are sick? How can you start to feel better fast? There are many crystals to choose from (and they can vary based on your specific symptoms) but some certainly stand out from the rest. The best crystals for cold and flu include:
- Flourite. Easily one of the most popular and recommended crystals for cold and flu season is flourite. This is a protective stone that assists in grounding, stabilizing, and creates a harmonious energy. It cleanses, purifies, and removes negative energy. Since many of us tend to feel down when we are sick, the latter is especially important. Fluorite realigns your personal energy – which allows you to feel better mentally and physically.
- Carnelian. Another must have stone to help you feel better is carnelian. This is a crystal that boosts life-force energy. Additionally, it improves the immune system and increases vitality. If you are taking vitamins (like vitamin C, which many people take to shorten the duration and reduce the severity of a cold), carnelian helps the body to better absorb them. Want more? This crystal can also improve circulation and help tackle sinus congestion.
- Green Aventurine. For those who really want to feel better, green aventurine should certainly be considered. This stone is all about health and vitality. It enhances circulation, works as an anti-inflammatory, and is often used to assist the lungs and sinuses. Experiencing aches and pains? Hold onto a piece of green aventurine. It is thought to relax tired and sore muscles associated with the flu.
- Bloodstone. Last but certainly not least is bloodstone. This is a powerful stone that is long believed to cleanse the blood and heal a number of physical ailments. It detoxifies the liver (which is beneficial when taking medications for cold and flu) and is related to both strength and vitality. In addition, bloodstone is grounding and removes negative energy. That makes it easier to feel better, be in a more positive state of mind, and focus on healing.
Use Essential Oils to Feel Better
Another way to feel better is to turn to essential oils. There are many noted benefits related to aromatherapy. Especially when you are dealing with cold or flu symptoms. Some of the benefits include: treating sinus headaches, soothing sore muscles, improving sleep quality, and clearing a stuffed or blocked nose. Aromatherapy is a fantastic way to speed up healing – and alleviate some of the more troublesome issues related to the common cold and flu. Using specific oils (or a blend of helpful oils) may be exactly what you need to get back to feeling your absolute best.
Essential Oils to Combat Cold and Flu
Not sure which essential oils are the most effective? When it comes to dealing with cold and flu symptoms, there are several oils to consider. They can be diffused, added to a bath, or dropped into a pot of boiling water for steam inhalation. Some essential oils to consider are:
- Eucalyptus. Perhaps the most common (and well-known) essential oil for a cold or flu is eucalyptus. Several studies have shown that inhaling steam with eucalyptus oil can help to fight against viruses and clear respiratory congestion. Additionally, it can be used with a cool compress to reduce a flu-related fever. The strong aroma of this oil can clear the sinuses – which makes it possible to breathe easy and sleep better at night.
- Lavender. If you really want to feel better…getting enough rest is absolutely essential. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to fall asleep (or actually stay asleep) when you are under the weather. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and fever all contribute to difficult sleeping situations. However, using lavender can make all the difference. It has been proven to promote relaxation and rest. Diffuse this oil or spray it on your pillow to achieve a solid night of sleep.
- Chamomile. Many people dealing with a cold or flu reach for a cup of chamomile tea (which has a number of benefits). However, reaching for chamomile essential oil can also make a difference in your health. It eases anxiety, work as an anti-inflammatory, reduce pain, and promote sleep. Studies indicate that steam inhalation with chamomile can relieve a number of serious cold and flu symptoms.
- Peppermint. The last oil on this list doesn’t just smell good – it also works well. Peppermint is considered a natural decongestant. It contains menthol, which is often found in products that help clear up cold-related congestion. Diffusing or steam inhaling peppermint oil can tackle congestion and ease a difficult cough. This oil can also be used to break or reduce a fever. Whether you have a cold or the flu, this essential oil can be a beneficial addition to your treatment.
You deserve to feel better as quickly as possible. Make it happen with the addition of these crystals and essential oils. They can help you achieve balance, remove negative energy, and breathe easier. Relief is closer than you think.