Stressed? Worried about everything from financial security to rejection or betrayal? Do you feel unfocused and exhausted even after a full night of rest? Your chakras might be the underlying issue. The Sanskrit word chakra translates to disk or wheel, which references the spinning wheels of energy within the body. There are seven chakras in all – and the lower chakras are made up of the root, sacral, and solar plexus. Though each has its own unique purpose, they all are linked to safety and security. If you haven’t been feeling especially grounded lately, your lower chakras may be blocked or out of whack. Not to worry. These four tools will help bring healing and balance to your life.
Why Your Lower Chakras May Need Attention
Sometimes your chakras require additional TLC. You may not even notice it at first but then all of a sudden, everything feels off. As soon as you notice an energetic shift, do what you can to take action. After all, there are many reasons your lower chakras might need attention. Perhaps life has been extra stressful lately or you’ve been struggling with certain relationships. Maybe your bank account is a little lower than you’d like or you haven’t had much time to focus on your hobbies lately.
Life events of all kinds can contribute to mental and energetic blocks. That in turn impacts your chakras. For instance, when chakras are open and properly aligned, the energy flow is constant and balanced. When it comes to those lower chakras, that means waking up each morning feeling confident, secure, and full of self-worth. Not the case? Then it might be time to focus on achieving that balance.
Crystals to Bring Balance to Your Lower Chakras
The root, sacral, and solar plexus make up the lower chakras. If one or all three of these chakras feels out of balance or blocked, crystals can be helpful. There are suitable stones for each one of these energetic areas. A few suggestions include:
- Root Chakra: the root chakra is located at the base of the spine and is the first chakra. It is all about connection, grounding, and feelings of safety. The root chakra relates to stabilization, survival, and support. Essentially, this is your foundation. It needs to function properly in order for you to move confidently through your day-to-day life. Crystals that can help rebalance and heal this chakra include: red jasper (for grounding and physical endurance), onyx (protection and safety), and bloodstone (physical energy and healing).
- Sacral Chakra: the next chakra is sacral. This chakra is located underneath the navel and has to do with sexuality, creativity, passion, and fulfillment. Want more? The second chakra is also linked to pleasure and joyfulness. You may notice this particular area is in need of healing and balance if your emotions are unstable or your creativity is low. Reach for crystals like: carnelian (for creativity and encouragement), tangerine quartz (personal strength and perseverance), and sunstone (for leadership).
- Solar Plexus Chakra: rounding out the lower chakras is the solar plexus chakra. The third of seven, this chakra is all about personal power. It connects you to self-esteem, commitment, and willpower. This chakra also has ties to the stomach area. Difficulty making decisions? Confidence issues? Be sure to add crystals to your everyday routine. Some suggestions include: citrine (to add joy and enthusiasm back into your life), orange calcite (energizing and healing), and tiger’s eye (to help with willpower issues).
Beneficial Meditations to Try
Meditation time is an opportunity to focus on those lower chakras. There are many ways to go about this. For instance, you can always listen to music that unblocks the root, sacral, or solar plexus chakra. (One example is this Lower Chakras Healing Meditation Music video.) Simply choose meditation music geared towards the lower chakras and continue on as normal. Or you can listen to a guided meditation that relates to the first three chakras. Hold onto one or more of the crystals listed above – and set an intention to balance, heal, and release any energy that is no longer serving you.
Another way that meditation can heal your lower chakras? Go outside. Being in nature is one of the easiest ways to feel rooted and grounded. Since issues related to the first three chakras often relate to a sense of instability…meditating in nature can re-connect you to mother earth. Breathe in a little deeper, feel the grass underneath your feet, take note of the smells and sounds around you. Remember, there is no need to rush this process. Spending time outdoors is an effective (and inspiring) way to bring your chakras back into alignment.
Affirmations for the Lower Chakras
Your words have power. The words you think and speak can impact the way you feel and the way you live. These words can even affect your chakras. So, say positive affirmations out loud or recite them while standing in front of a mirror. You can put meditation music on in the background while you say these positive words if that improves your focus. Whatever works for you! Write affirmations for a specific area or use some of the lower chakra examples below to get started right now:
- I am always safe and protected. Life loves and supports me.
- I accept myself completely. I love who I am today, tomorrow, and forever.
- My life is balanced and joyous. I bring passion and determination to everything I do.
- Success is my divine right. I am successful at everything I do.
- I am capable of feeling and expressing pleasure. My creativity is powerful.
- I allow myself to be supported by mother earth and the divine.
Essential Oils for Healing and Balance
Still searching for ways to unblock the lower chakras? There are always essential oils to consider. These oils don’t just smell good. They can also impact your emotional mood. Certain scents make you feel more grounded, calm, and happy. It is all about choosing scents thoughtfully. Need some examples? To balance the root chakra, diffuse something grounding and supportive like patchouli. For the sacral chakra, look for something light and bright, like neroli. When it comes to solar plexus chakra, reach for an essential oil linked to the stomach area, like peppermint. The possibilities are endless!
Another option is to create an essential oil blend that targets all three of the lower chakras. For instance, blend something grounding with something bright and something stomach-centric. A quick and easy blend for an inhaler or diffuser is: 3 drops of frankincense, 2 drops grapefruit, and 2 drops of pine oil. Get creative and have fun with your blends. This can be a wonderful way to express yourself creatively and bring balance to your mind, body, and soul.
How are your lower chakras? Are they in alignment? If you suspect there may be an energetic blockage in your root, sacral, or solar plexus chakra…do what you can to bring them back to a place of balance. Get started now!