Take a moment and answer the following questions honestly. Are you holding onto grudges? Struggling with self-love? Do you have trouble communicating? Do you feel lost or disconnected? If you said yes to any of those questions, your chakras may be the cause. It’s true! All of these concerns can be linked back to energetic issues. They indicate that your upper chakras may be blocked or unbalanced. (Those upper chakras include your heart, throat, third eye, and crown chakra.) Are you ready for a change? Then it is time to take action. Here are four helpful tools, tips, and strategies to bring those upper four chakras into alignment.
Reasons Your Upper Chakras May Be Unbalanced
Stress and anxiety can alter your mood, mind, and body. In fact, these issues are the most common causes of unbalanced or blocked chakras. When you are overly worried about a situation (either at work or home) it shifts your energy. That in turn impacts your chakras, which are spinning wheels of energy within the body. For example, maybe you have a presentation at work. You feel worried about standing up and speaking in front of your co-workers or potential clients. That fear impacts both the way you feel and your ability to communicate effectively.
When your upper chakras are balanced and aligned, you are better able to handle stressful or anxiety-producing situations. You are able to connect to your inner wisdom, surround yourself with love and positivity, and speak from a place of power and strength. You trust life and breathe a little easier. Who doesn’t want that? Once your lower chakras are balanced, it is time to focus your attention on the remaining four chakras.
Crystals That Benefit the Heart and Throat Chakras
Though there are seven chakras in all, the heart, throat, third eye, and crown chakra make up the upper four. They are the upper chakras, while the root, sacral, and solar plexus are the lower chakras. Perhaps your heart chakra needs extra attention right now. Or maybe all four of your upper chakras are in need of some healing. Certain crystals can be used to benefit and balance. Some suggestions include:
- Heart Chakra: the heart chakra is the fourth of the seven chakras and is located in the center of the chest. This area is connected of course, to the heart! It relates to love (for yourself and others), compassion, emotions, and the ability to forgive. Crystals that bring harmony to this area are: rose quartz (which is often referred to as the stone of unconditional love), jade (linked to luck and prosperity but can also attract loving relationships into your life), and rhodochrosite (for compassion and selflessness).
- Throat Chakra: next up is the throat chakra, which has to do with communication. It is the fifth chakra and is found in the hollow of the throat. If this chakra is in alignment, it is easy to speak your truth, listen to others, and feel heard. When it is out of alignment, you may experience a fear of being honest, sore throats, or a general feeling of not being understood. To create harmony, reach for crystals like: lapis lazuli (a stone of truth and awareness), turquoise (which improves communication), and aquamarine (used for courage).
Crystals for the Third Eye and Crown Chakra
- Third Eye Chakra: in between your eyebrows is the third eye chakra. It is all about intuition, discernment, and trust. When properly balanced, you will move through life confidently and have a strong sense of self. However, when it is blocked, you may struggle to make decisions or feel lost in life. Tap into those positive attributes by reaching for stones such as: amethyst (commonly used for this area because it relates to clarity of mind), sodalite (provides a sense of inner peace), and labradorite (for energizing and healing).
- Crown Chakra: rounding out the list is the crown chakra, which is found at the top of the head. It is the seventh and last chakra – and it is connected to spirituality, enlightenment, and the divine. If it is balanced, you will feel connected to a higher power. On the flip side, if this chakra is unbalanced, you may feel lonely, unimportant, or disconnected. Some helpful and healing crystals to consider are: clear quartz (bring clarity), black tourmaline (to create balance between your physical and spiritual self), and moonstone (to heal emotional wounds and balance emotions).
Meditations for Harmony and Happiness
Some people are afraid of meditation. It seems difficult – even impossible – to silence the mind and relax fully. Take it slow and go easy on yourself. Meditation is a practice, because it requires practice to slow down your thoughts and connect to your body in a deeper way. (And remember: certain days will be better than others.) The most important thing to do is try. If you are brand new to meditation, start by reading up on beginner meditation tips. Hold onto one or more of the crystals mentioned above for added attention on the upper chakras.
Additionally, you may choose to listen to a guided meditation. There are many on YouTube for free as well as several available to download from online music stores. Look for a meditation that is focused on one of the upper chakras or something that tackles them all. You will know what is best for you! For example, if you are having a lot of difficulty with communication, a throat chakra specific meditation might be the best choice.
Affirmations for the Upper Chakras
Positive affirmations are phrases, sentences, or mantras that you repeat. Though they may not sound true at first…these words have the ability to shift your mindset. Affirmations tell the universe what you want! They increase feelings of self-worth and contribute to a higher sense of confidence and purpose. Over time, you will start to believe these affirmations, which is beneficial to those upper chakras. Here are a few examples for the heart, throat, third eye, and crown chakra. Feel free to alter them or write your own.
- I always speak clearly, confidently, and with purpose.
- I am open and receptive to creativity and connection.
- My self-love grows more with each day that passes. I love, honour, and accept myself.
- I am connected to the divine wisdom of the universe.
- Forgiveness comes easily to me. I move forward with love and understanding.
- My intuition is always correct. I listen to my inner voice and honour it through action.
Essential Oils for Clarity and Connection
Additionally, you can achieve harmony and happiness with essential oils. It is a proven fact that smells affect mood. Scents have the ability to impact emotions and tap into our memories. One whiff of a particular fragrance can help you feel more focused, confident, and connected. Which is why it is important to use essential oils with care. There are several scents associated with each chakra. Not sure where to begin? Here are a few suggestions:
To balance the heart chakra, use something sweet and nurturing like rose or jasmine essential oil to increase feelings of self-love. For the throat chakra, think of something relaxing like lavender or even chamomile. The calming scent can make it easier to loosen up and say what you need to say. If you want to balance the third eye chakra, reach for something grounding like sandalwood or rosemary. Since the third eye is connected to your inner world, something stabilizing and supportive can be extremely helpful. Now for the crown chakra. Palo santo essential oil is a wonderful choice for healing, cleansing, and connecting to spirituality. Alternatively, lime essential oil can also be beneficial.
There is no reason to live life feeling disconnected or out of sorts. Take time to focus on your upper chakras. Once they have been brought back to a place of balance…you can confidently put your best foot forward in everything you do.