Angels have been depicted in religious texts, artwork, books, and more modern forms of media, like television shows and movies. While the depictions vary…the consensus is that an angel is a supernatural being that acts as an intermediary between God and human beings. In fact, the word “angel” comes from the Greek word, “angelos,” which means messenger. These messengers are believed to share information, protect, and provide comfort. With such a rich history, it is no surprise that angel therapy has become so popular in recent years. Originally developed in the 1980s, this non-denominational form of spiritual healing has intrigued many. Have you been curious about angel therapy? Do you wonder if it is right for you? Then it is time to find out what this practice is and understand how to incorporate it into your life.
What Is Angel Therapy?
Simply put, angel therapy is a form of spiritual healing that involves working with angels. For instance, guardian angels and archangels. This practice allows you to communicate and connect with higher beings. Originally created by Doreen Virtue in the 1980s, this type of healing work has since been practiced and written about by many new age and new thought practitioners. Why is communication with angels so appealing? The answer is obvious: it allows you to receive clear guidance from a trusted source.
According to the book, “Angel Therapy: Healing Messages for Every Area Of Your Life,” angels will not impose on your free will and their assistance must be requested. However, once you have made your desires known, it is possible to receive angelic guidance on a number of everyday matters. Some people turn to angel therapy to better understand their life purpose, while others simply look for daily encouragement, strength, or wisdom. There are many ways to embrace this powerful and healing practice. It all depends on what you need!
Guardian Angels and Archangels
Angel therapy involves either a guardian angel or archangels. When it comes to guardian angels, it is believed that everyone has a guardian angel (or angels) nearby. These are angels that have been assigned to protect and watch over someone. Angel therapy strengthens communication between the guardian angel and the human being that they protect. As for archangels, there are fifteen that are specifically connected to angel therapy:
- Archangel Michael: The Angel of Protection. It is appropriate to call on Archangel Michael for protection, for strength, and in times of transition.
- Archangel Gabriel: The Angel of Communication. If you need help speaking with love and kindness – or have issues with communication – call on Archangel Gabriel.
- Archangel Raphael: The Angel of Health. When you or someone you love needs physical, mental, or emotional healing, reach out to Archangel Raphael.
- Archangel Jophiel: The Angel of Beauty. Call on Archangel Jophiel when you want to add more beauty to your life or are looking for added positivity.
- Archangel Raziel: The Angel of Mysteries. To focus on matters of spirituality, ask Archangel Raziel for help understanding dreams or how to release past hurts.
- Archangel Haniel: The Angel of Manifestation. Interested in clairvoyance and intuition? Want to connect to feminine energy? Reach out to Archangel Haniel.
- Archangel Metatron: The Angel of Healing. This archangel is connected to sacred geometry and is able to clear away unwanted lower energies.
- Archangel Raguel: The Angel of Justice. If you are dealing with difficult relationships or want to bring harmony back into your life, reach out to Archangel Raguel.
Even More Archangels
- Archangel Azreal: The Angel of Death. In times of loss or grief, call on Archangel Azreal for healing and support as you move forward.
- Archangel Zadkiel: The Angel of Forgiveness. Are you struggling to forgive and let go of past hurts? Then ask for help from Archangel Zadkiel, who can provide inner freedom.
- Archangel Chamuel: The Angel of Unconditional Love. If relationships (with yourself or others) are struggling, speak to Archangel Chamuel and learn to heal issues related to love.
- Archangel Uriel: The Angel of Knowledge. For improved focus, call to Archangel Uriel, who sparks new ideas and makes it easier to concentrate.
- Archangel Jeremiel: The Angel of Life Review. Do you feel the need to look back at your life and review what has happened? Ask Archangel Jeremiel for help with this process.
- Archangel Ariel: The Angel of Nature. Since Archangel Ariel is the spirit of nature and is connected to the earth, she can help with material earthly needs.
- Archangel Sandalphon: The Angel of Prayers. It is thought that Archangel Sandalphon delivers the prayers from earth to heaven. Call on this archangel for added connection.
How Can Angel Therapy Be Practiced?
Practice angel therapy alone or with the assistance of another. Someone who is fairly well attuned can connect with angels on their own, but those who are a little more hesitant or have trouble trusting their intuition may want to work with an angel therapy practitioner. Interested in the latter? Look for an angel therapy practitioner in your area. They will speak with you, do a reading, and channel messages from the angels.
Would you rather practice angel therapy on your own? There are many ways to go about it. For instance, you can enroll in an angel therapy course, focus on dream analysis (ask to see messages from your angels in your dreams and then use dream analysis to determine the meaning or guidance), read books related to the subject matter, or use angel therapy oracle cards. Oracle cards are an excellent choice for beginners, because it is possible to receive very clear images and messages. Look for a set of angel therapy oracle cards that speak to you.
Is Angel Therapy Right For You?
There are many reasons to consider angel therapy. It can be a wonderful way to feel connected and receive guidance from above. Is this practice right for you? Well, it depends. Consider your beliefs, what you are comfortable with, and your level of interest. There is no right or wrong answer. Always trust your intuition and do what feels right for you.